Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fanny Farmer Fudge

This has kind of become a tradition at our house. Last year when we made this fudge, it pitted our cook top, whoops :(

I thought I would share the recipe with you. It's one we used at the bakery where I worked, and really learned how to cook/bake!!

Fanny Farmer Fudge

4 1/2 c. sugar
1 can evaporated milk
3 sm bags of choco chips
1 lb butter
1 tsp. vanilla
chopped nuts (opt)

Combine sugar and evaporated milk in heavy saucepan; bring to boil. Boil 10-12 mins, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and butter. (Can use 1/2 lb of butter and half lb of margarine.) Pour in bowl and use electric mixer and mix approx. 15 mins, until candy has lost some of it's shine. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and nuts, if desired. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan and let set until firm.

I use all butter, it just tastes better. And thank goodness I have a KitchenAid mixer!!! This stuff is fabulous!!

 Don't you just want to dive in??  :)
It would be fun, until the tummy ache set in!!

Until next time!!
Erin

3 comments:

  1. Erin
    Sounds yummy thanks for sharing the recipe ~ I will take a piece to try~ oh, my I have a sweet tooth
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes my mouth water wishing I had some of that right now. thanks for sharing. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete