Monday, February 7, 2011

Creativity Slump Or Bump In The Road

This morning I was all gung-ho to be crafty. I had several ideas to make wooden bunnies. I got my supplies ready, cut the bunnies out and painted them up. Then as usual, when I went to do the details, I was far from thrilled with the results. I remember this feeling last year, at this time. I am not into the whole springy thing. I don't like the pastels, and to be honest, the whole "cutesie" thing isn't me.

I have a show at the mall in less then 4 weeks. I was just going to stick with the everyday items and leave spring at home for my upcoming show at the shop in April. There I can have my consigners and boughten items fill up the shop. Maybe I should remember how crappy and down on myself I get when I try these projects. What I see in my head, is not what comes out in real life. I feel stupid and quite childish, but I get so frustrated.

My mother is the one that is big into details, and is great at them. I, on the other hand, stick to building the benches, candle boxes, stools, gameboards, stenciled signs and very simple, low detail items. I've been doing so much sewing lately, and feeling good about how they've been coming out, I may just switch from wood to fabric. Ha, I know better then that. I'll still find something and try to do it, but once again be frustrated with the results.

I will admit, much of it has to do with the weather. I also know, when it gets nice, I won't want to be doing ANY crafting. Enough grumbling, just needed to vent!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Well we must be part kin. I get my things stitched, stuffed and then...I stop. For some reason I don't know where I am going with it. I think the details are what slow me down, don't know what I want. But what is amazing is when I do finally finish it I like it. I have a whole tray of unfinished items right now. Got to get finished, the shops spring open house is in March. Sometime we just have to trust ourselves, and say this is what I want. I am like you, I don't like the cute, pastel spring things. But I have found some nice primitive things I like to make. Well I guess I better get back to it. Sometimes we just need to vent, I know I do. Vicky

    ReplyDelete