Friday, March 25, 2011

And Then It Dawned On Me

Yesterday my friend Troy came up to the shop to do some shopping. As ususal, he has a pile waiting for when he brings his wife up, haha. Debi is gonna kill me! We were flipping through Judy Condon's Simply Gardens book. We were both drooling over the same things.

My hubby has offered to drag our grinding wheel that is still on the stand out into the yard. As I was sitting in front of the tv while baby boo was having a bath last nite, I realized, we have a grinding wheel at my mom's. It was my grandfather's. Well I should say my gpa had it, I'm sure he bought it at an auction. Guess I am like him in that way. If only back in the day, I would have known all this stuff would be so cool now. I could have had him stocking up for me, hehe!! So I called my dad and he said it was still there. Yay!! Now I'll have a piece of my gpa in my garden (little sniff) I miss him very much!! The 12th would have been his 96th bday!!

Anyways, I'm excited to get it up here. Maybe I'll have dad stick it in mom's car. I'm sure she'll love that!!

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I just loved the gardening book of Judy Condon, every picture was just amazing. The grinding wheel will look great in your garden, and it being your grandfathers, it will have a special meaning. Can't wait to see pictures. Have a great weekend. Vicky

    ReplyDelete