Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Sprouts!

2 weeks ago, hubby, Missy Pete and I planted our tomato seeds, and 2 kinds of cucumber seeds. This week we had sprouts popping up all over. Thought I would snap a pic now that most of them are up. We are going to have tomatoes coming out our ears. One whole flat is tomatoes. The other one is part tomatoes and the 2 kinds of cucumbers. I can't wait to make homemade spagetti sauce. We made some last year but only got 4 quarts. It was soooo good! We'll be making salsa and canning stew tomatoes too.

Tomorrow is the first day of my open house! Yay!! I was up at the shop and stuck my open sign out while I was there. I had 3 couples come in and sold a few things. Not a bad day for just being open on a whim. They have called off the sleet/snow for tomorrow so hopefully we'll get a good turnout. I'll be able to stick all the yard stakes out, if the ground cooperates. Saturday is supposed to be somewhat warm and Sunday rain. Guess we'll take what we can get.

Have a good one!!

Didn't turn out quite as nicely as I hoped, but can't wait for fresh veggies!

3 comments:

  1. Love growing tomatoes, can't wait for gardening season to start. Hope you have a great open house. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year my husband is growing his tomatoes from seed. They are starting to come up too.
    Prim Blessings!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Erin,
    I tried to find your email I'm sorry I couldn't find it. I wanted to say Thank-You for your nice comment on by blog.
    Prim Blessings!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete